Welcome to my castle of flowers where I will seek to share my heart, my life, and my inspirations.



Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm in Love with 18th Century Style and Design

There is just something about the 18th centurys' design style that makes my heart go pitter - patter, from the art to the beautifully decorated furniture. I find so much of my inspirations from that time in history. Here is a wonderful website I happened upon which specializes in all things from that era. http://18thcatelier.com/ 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Christie :) I'll have to check that website out! Gorgeous photos!!

    Have a great weekend!

    Warmest Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too Christie!!! I've decided it's an illness without a cure, and thank goodness!! xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christie,
    This is the very era that tugs at my heart strings.
    Warmest wishes,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you, Christie. It definitely speaks to the romantic heart!
    ~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christie, I also love the 18th century.The furniture,clothing,decor is amazing. If you havent watched the movie Marie Antoinett,with kirsten dunst,you need to watch it.I love the costumes.See you at your show. xoxo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just yumminess to the nth degree Christie! I love all the furnishings of this era. so rich!
    I have been away and missed some posts here and so i'm off to see just what I have missed. great stuff I'll bet!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. me too. Love all the details on the furnitures. Gorgeous and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christie,
    love this website! And your blog. The furnishings are wonderful! Love your new handpainted pieces. I will have to come visit you when I come down to fallbrook! Your house is beautiful, I can't wait to see what else you have done. Take care and it was so nice visiting with you last Saturday.
    -Loretta
    full bloom

    ReplyDelete