Welcome to my castle of flowers where I will seek to share my heart, my life, and my inspirations.



Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Inspiration For "Glitterfest" Romantic French Farmhouse!




I've only had about a week to work on my booth for glitterfest. My main inspiration came from an old french needlepoint rug I obtained out estate sale shopping with the Sweet Magnolia Farm girls a few months back. The colors in the rug are what I drew from to form a romantic french farmhouse feel, it also allowed me to bring in some of my other alternate art. I gave myself a $150.00 budget to go antique shopping for accessories to use for ambiance and to display my art. I had so much fun , I found an old suitcase, a rustic stepladder, a small birdcage, a variety of baskets, old lace,books and a really awesome old drawer with a vintage pull handle. I glammed up some silver with vintage rhinestones and hand-painted a couple more chalkboards.I found all the straw, twigs and branches in my yard. I'm almost ready for the adventure! Please enjoy my sneak-peek and then I'm packing up the car!

14 comments:

  1. I love staging things like this! Your display looks very inviting. Have fun :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie...it looks so great! I love everything on your table...I love your rooster picture too! Good luck and have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is gorgeous of course and I wish you were loading it up on a truck and bringing it to me! :) Have a great time!
    xoxo
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christie, you outdid yourself! So beautiful!!
    So much talent..........
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Girlfriend!
    See you tomorrow!
    XO
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy...you an are amazingly taleted person. Everytime I see your work I think that again and again. I've known you maybe....12 years? I'm STILL amazed!
    Hugs to you!
    Jeri Heiser

    ReplyDelete
  7. HELLO CHRISTIE....

    JUST GORGEOUS, EVERY SINGLE ITEM IS JUST STUNNING :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christie,
    This is just fabulous! I love it! Soo frenchy and shabby vintage!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sneak peek! It is fabulous! Wow! I love everything you are doing! Great job and I hope we get lots more pictures- Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, my talented friend has put together some great stuff! Hope you have a really good day at the show tomorrow, and "thanks" again for putting my Country Roads postcards out on your table. I appreciate it.

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christie, everything is so pretty. Love your arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christie,

    It was wonderful to see you and Alice and have a chance to visit at Glitterfest.
    Your booth was absolutely beautiful filled with your lovely creations.
    Thank you for introducing me to your little brother and his creative wife Rita. It was great fun !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the print cards in the old suitcase. All is exquisetely displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christie, Your booth looks amazing!!!I love your new color pallet. Good luck finding more treasures!! Girls from Tattered House, said to hi to you!!! See you soon!
    E

    ReplyDelete