Welcome to my castle of flowers where I will seek to share my heart, my life, and my inspirations.



Monday, October 10, 2011

My Obsession with French Floral Art











Although I have taken painting classes in college, I never really found a contemporary teacher that focused on painting flowers and roses with traditional principles and knowledge. So most of my rose painting path, I have been on a quest to find books filled with knowledge and images of those artists I admire most and can learn from. As most of you know I have an incredable love for French design and art history, I have gleaned so much from studying certain artists from French history and then applying what I've learned to my art today. I recently discovered a new book by Chantel Chirac, who gathered a collection of Aubusson cartoons from her native land of France and put them in a book for us to see and learn of the history, just fascinating! She is also opening a museum in her little village of Aubusson this coming summer. A visit to the museum is now a must for my bucket list! XO Christie




















































16 comments:

  1. Hi Christie,
    I have some really old roses fabrics you would love,i will photograph them for you,i need that book now it looks beautiful,i have bought a few books lately on how to paint roses,you inspire me so much and i want to feel what its like to paint a shabby old rose,
    Love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous book to add to your collection! You have mastered the roses. I really love looking at all of your painted items! They are all so well done and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie, I love your paintings and now I must have these books. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamy! Such beautiful inspiration for such a talented artist (YOU!) I have admired your work for a long time!
    XOXO
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inspiring book for your beautiful rose paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous, I love those Aubusson rugs.It is wonderful when you find a new book in your chosen topic. Enjoy! Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Realmente Christie é uma obsessão o amor pelas rosas e querer pintar desesperadamente,amo amo obrigada por me inspirar......muita luz para você beijos!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paintings look like lush aubusson carpets in pretty colors...I love your painting style. I really like when you do panels with classical florals in them with scrolls and flairs~you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they are gorgeous...but no prettier than the ones you do! What a wonderful bucket list item though! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Christie~what beautiful pic's :) But I think your painting are just as gorgeous :)

    xo~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very beatiful!!! I like french flowers too, I'm embrodery french flores!!!!love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes that style of painting is very beautiful! I also use often classic paintngs to create my paper roses! that would be great to visit that museum!

    Regards Janny

    ReplyDelete
  13. That definitely sounds like a must visit! I try to capture that quality, too. It's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing this. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this beautiful book. The Aubusson tapestries are gorgeous and you may find here some inspiration for your future works :o)

    Hugs

    Hélène Glehen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I share your love of roses. This book is definitely going on my wish list! Do you have an ISBN no. or know where it is available? If you had a book of your artwork I would snap it up as well. I'm just saying...

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm off to Amazon to see if I can find this book ASAP. I love the fact that you share your knowledge so freely. I met you at Glitterfest a while back and I can honestly say you are a VERY NICE person and, of course, amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete