Welcome to my castle of flowers where I will seek to share my heart, my life, and my inspirations.



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Amazingly Talented Sue Balmforth of "Bountiful", Venice Beach CA.

 I have been thinking alot about Sue lately, wondering what she has been doing in her world of vintage inspired interior design. I have always felt a connecton with her and the way she styles a room, with just the right amount of aged and tattered cherished antiques, charming one of a kind accessories and always a touch of femininity, like floral fabrics, old rose paintings or vintage linens mixed in. Her designs have been such an inspiration not only to me but to multitudes of women who have followed and adored her style!

  So after I got back from Arizona, my friend Lori and I promised ourselves to get up to L.A. (Venice Beach) and pay Sue and her shop "Bountiful Home" a visit. We loved every minute of it, chatting with Her and exploring her treasures!!! Here are alot of photos from our visit and also of past homes she has decorated and styled, her own and also celebrities like Pamela Anderson, Whoopi Goldberg, Suzanne Sommers,and the list goes on...

Her Shop











































Photos of some of the places Sue has decorated and styled...





















































"Bountiful" 1335 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice Beach CA.
 Love you Sue, you are one of the "GREATS"! XO Christie




18 comments:

  1. Ohh! I wonder if Tanza has been to this shop. She'd love it & never want to leave. What a spectacular shop, Christie ... every gals dreams are here. TY for sharing.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything Sue does and made myself a promise that one day I was going to her shop. You are so lucky to get to go. I had heard that she was either down sizing and moving her shop or closing it. I did find her shop on Facebook. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christie as usual I'm drooling and my heart is palpitating after one of your posts! I have long adored Sue Balmforth's style, and Bountiful has to be one of the most beautiful shops ever! Thank you for sharing such lovely eye candy. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, its divine! Inspiration everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - loving the charm you shared! Always fun to come take a peek! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all Christie! Sue is so talented. Ciao your SIL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christie,

    Love all the photos. I've always wanted to visit that shop! I really like her style too. Thanks for sharing. You and Lori have really made the rounds!

    See you soon!
    Mis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue definitely has great style! She visited my friend Paula and I at our booth at an antique show here in Salt Lake City a few years back and purchased some stuff from us. She is a really cool lady! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of her gorgeous shop and styled rooms! ~Stacy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Sue's shop and haven't been for a couple of years. I was dying to see or hear something again. We used to see her featured a lot. Thanks so much for bringing her shop to us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember Sue from the really early days. It is so nice to see how successful she has become. I loved all the pictures, thanks for posting them! You Lori are having too much fun!!

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue's always been one of my favorite decorators. What style and beauty in her shop and the homes she has done.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I caught a glimpse of Sue's shop many years ago, and fell in love with her style. Thanks for featuring her beautiful style, and work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I imagine you enjoyed it there!! Wow, And i tnink the VIP's as well!

    Regards Janny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Christie! That guided tour was one of your best! I can see why you would want to stay for hours in this shop! Such fantastic things! You are a lucky lady to live so close.
    Blessings,Becky R

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen! How I wish I could visit her store! It would be a dream!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Christie!
    I almost passed out...I've always heard that Bountiful was beautiful but this is above and beyond anything I could have imagined!! I'm putting that right at the top of my list of places to visit!
    Thank you for visiting...see you soon!!
    xoxo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been WAY too long since I visited Sue's beyond gorgeous shop! It's always so inspiring and sigh....just dreamy to go and see and be in there. Thanks for the virtual tour...put this on my "do soon" list.
    xoxo Lidy

    ReplyDelete