Welcome to my castle of flowers where I will seek to share my heart, my life, and my inspirations.



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Designing a Painting

Most of the time my inspirations for a new painting don't just come from one source. There is always something I see that triggers the inspiration but then its up to me to research and explore that idea. I have a cork board in my art studio that I use to pin things that relate to my idea and then I use what's pinned to pull from as I'm designing the painting. It's pretty much like the ones used to decorate rooms only I use it for my art.























I try not to get to hung up on my design looking exactly like what I see in the photos, I'm learning to let the painting take on a life of its own.






















"FRENCH LILACS" 2012... XO, Christie

20 comments:

  1. This is spectacular, Christie! Lilacs & roses are my very favorite, as were they Mother's.

    Thank you for the memories & smile today.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Christie! I love the picture of roses above the photo of your inspiration for your new painting!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always, without fail, have the magic touch to create such beautiful paintings! Such talent i such a wonderful, caring person!

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your latest painting! It reminds me of spring when I can pick large bouquets of lilacs and bring them inside to perfume the whole house. I'm partial to lilacs, roses and hydrangeas. Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly a gifted person who creates such beauty to admire! The painting is beautiful! Blessings from Bama!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out so pretty Christie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This painting is so beautiful :) :) Thanks for sharing it :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good and I love my reproduction of one of your originals. You have been blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh....I love it Christie!!!

    All the very best for 2012!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely GORGEOUS Christie!!!

    Feliz ano nuevo,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous painting, Christie – lilacs, sigh! xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christie - I love your painting! I can almost smell them.......so beautiful.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christie, Spring is my favorite time of the year. This painting gave me a sneak peak! LOVE IT!
    Becky Ransom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christie, so beautiful are your paintings, I so much appreciate your little tips. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christie,
    Are you submitting this picture to be entered for the anual Lilac Festival Poster???? I really, really, really want this!!!!!!!!!
    Have you heard of that festival?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beauuuuuutiful,just beautiful. xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete