Welcome to my castle of flowers where I will seek to share my heart, my life, and my inspirations.



Friday, June 15, 2012

Only a Few Weeks in Between Shows to Work on my House

Since I only have a few weeks in between shows to work on the list of projects to do around my house, it seems I have to do everything rather quickly in order to finish and go on to the next project waiting. Last week while on a girls day out I came across this 1920's bedroom set with the original rose appliques still in tack, but it was painted yellow, not the color i'm decorating my home with, so I just got done re-painting it white and antiquing it for one of my guest rooms. I can't wait to bring it in and ad the bedding! XO Christie





13 comments:

  1. What a find!! So beautiful Christie! LOVE!! Hope you post more pics with the bedding on it.
    I'm jealous!! :)
    XO Ashley B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Christie,

    What a treasure find! Is it a Queen size bed or a Full, considering the age.
    Never mind being busy, this is rewarding for all the extra work.
    Love to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Christie!! I too hope you will post pics when you have everything all put together :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Warmes hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was made for you. Perfect, and such a beautiful paint treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't believe what a beautiful set this is Christie! You have really outdone yourself finding this treasure! I hope you post pictures of it all in your guestroom! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christie, I love your paint technique on this set. I thought those little roses looked just like one of your paintings! Great choice!
    Blessings,Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find! Beautiful in white - so much better than the yellow, I'm sure! Have fun with all your projects! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah so it snatched your heart and you went for it .. It looks so beautiful Christie ..!

    ReplyDelete
  9. articles are very interesting for me, I hope always to get the information from this web, so making new knowledge, thanks be to provide information, become more attractive. hopefully always update to the article

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it white, how stunning!
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful..I would like it in my house...good thing you found it first.

    Congrat on getting it all done.

    Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh now that is an awesome find... I love this style of furniture, you did an amazing job!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christie, what a fabulous find! It's lovely and I'm so happy you painted it white. It looks superb. I love the style. Your guests are all going to enjoy it when they visit.

    ReplyDelete