Welcome to my castle of flowers where I will seek to share my heart, my life, and my inspirations.



Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Finding Inspiration in Vintage Pictures

As our next show approches I find myself wondering what will be my inspiration to design the entrance of my booth??? This time the theme is "French Flea" and as you probably know I love anything French! Over the past couple weeks I have had my antennas up pretty high to catch whatever little inspiration I could glean from my travels, meaning surfing the internet, usually pinterest and other sites related. I found a couple pictures that gave me some practical ideas to  get me started with the design process, interpreting it my own way, and of course that meant pink. This first one gave me the idea for the checked scalloped valence, the bike and the advertisement on the window...

 
This next picture I found inspiring was a vintage French painting, I was intriged by the details of the little flower shop especially the little basket of fleurs hanging from the iron scroll in the upper corner. I thought I can do that!
 

I had purchased an iron Paris sign while back, just because I liked it, and  now I can give it a purpose. I pulled out the vintage door from my garden and wrote my business advertisement on the window, I found an old bike with great baskets and painted it, and I made a new pink checked scalloped valence. I think its taking on a life of its own and I'm so excited for the progress! I have a few more things to do like fill the baskets on the bike with lavender and I think my front entrance to my booth will almost be done! XO Christie
 
Hoping to see you there!!!





















10 comments:

  1. It sounds very welcoming. Good luck with the show.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christie its all so beautiful and eek it's pink too! ;)
    Have a wonderful show! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my friend. . . as always your pictures are beautiful and you are amazing. I know how hard you work to accomplish all of this. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! I'm hoping to see you soon ;0)

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing!! I've been looking for a sign hanger like that! *jealous* :D I can't wait to venture out during the show and take a look at more of your artistry!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and creative as always, Christie! It looks incredible.

    Best,

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks incredible Christie! You are going to have another amazing show! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could hop on that bike and fill those baskets with all the wonderful things I know will be at your show! I know it will be a great one!
    Blessings,Becky

    ReplyDelete

  8. I love this post because it is very very interesting.Thanks you very much for shearing this article

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!....You are amazing!!!!....it is Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning! Finding inspiration can be difficult. But I have found that the best way to find inspiration in life is through the core values for inspired living: opportunity, prosperity, respect, attitude, and happiness.

    ReplyDelete